Questions about dictionary

I exported the dictionary but it does not link to a application. How do I read it and add new entries?
I would like to import but I cannot locate the instructions for creating a bulk file to import. Where is it located?
I would like to see the original language term in the source box instead of the translation equivalent. Is that possible?
Is there a way to set multiple target languages at the same time when creating the dictionary entries?
Thank you.

Hi himitsu_mememe,

I exported the dictionary but it does not link to a application. How do I read it and add new entries?

Dictionaries are designed to customize translation with user defined word translations. If you mean use dictionaries for a translation, here are the steps to perform this:

• Create a dictionary with /resources/dictionary/add API

• Add entries to the previously created dictionary with /resources/dictionary/entry/add API

• Use the /translation/text/translate API filling out the “withDictionary” field

For listing a dictionary use the /resources/dictionary/list API

I would like to import but I cannot locate the instructions for creating a bulk file to import. Where is it located?

I suggests you to export a previously created dictionary with some entries. Then you will have an example of the file format required for the /resources/dictionary/entry/import API

I would like to see the original language term in the source box instead of the translation equivalent. Is that possible?

Please be more specific.

Is there a way to set multiple target languages at the same time when creating the dictionary entries?

No, you have to create as many entries as target languages.

Thank you for the reply. The source problem is resolved.
I still cannot find a detailed breakdown for the dictionary. Am I just overlooking it?
I would like to understand more about what the various priorities mean and I would also like to figure out how to add plurals of various words.
Also, I exported a dictionary but it is in the .dict format. When I open it, it is not easily editable. I currently have several dictionaries in Excel files with over 3000 words in each so I would like to find a way to convert rather than have to redo them.